SITUATION IN UKRAINE - INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE
WHAT ATTITUDE DID THE SR ADOPT TO THE ATTACK OF RUSSIA ON UKRAINE?
- The Slovak Republic has condemned the attack of Russia on Ukraine and is providing Ukraine with assistance.
- The Police in coordination with armed forces are securing a control crossing of the Slovak-Ukrainian border and the people fleeing from the war are given the help they seek.
BORDER CROSSINGS WITH UKRAINE
- 3 Border crossings are working, particularly, Vyšné Nemecké, Ubľa and Veľké Slemence.
- Passenger transport at the railway border crossing of Čierna nad Tisou- Čop has been suspended.
- For the cases of an elevated influx of persons from Ukraine, the Ministry of Interior has established so called hotspots in Ulíč, Ubľa, Vyšné Nemecké, Veľké Slemence and Čierna nad Tisou. Persons coming without travel documents will be registered at hotspots. Soldiers will be assisting the Police Force members with registration.
ON THE BASIS OF WHAT CAN THE NATIONALS OF UKRAINE TRAVEL TO SLOVAKIA?
- The Slovak Republic and Ukraine have a visa-free regime introduced: holders of Ukrainian biometric passports are not subject to visa requirement.
- Checking the refugees out of humanitarian reasons, the Slovak Republic allows to enter into its territory to all third country nationals coming from Ukraine, even those not complying with entry conditions under regular circumstances. For instance, if an arriving person does not possess a biometric travel passport, they will be allowed to enter also with a travel passport without biometric data, ID or driving licence as well. If the person is not carrying any identification document, they can request international protection in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
- Persons fleeing from a war conflict are entitled to a temporary stay up to 90 days. However, they may, upon the entry into the Slovak Republic territory or later, request international protection and on the basis of already approved amendment of the Act on Asylum and after the decision of the Slovak Government or ask for a temporary place of refuge.
- If they are granted international protection (asylum or subsidiary protection) or also temporary place of refuge, their status will not change, and limit of 90 days will not be applied.
ARE THE REFUGEES OBLIGED TO UNDERGO QUARANTINE UPON THEIR ARRIVAL?
- Persons entering into the Slovak Republic territory from the territory of a neighboring country (Ukraine) imminently jeopardized prior to their arrival during a national or international armed conflict, are not obliged to undergo quarantine as provided by the Public Health Authority of the Slovak Republic. Thus, they are not subject to quarantine or registration in the online system titled ehranica.
- See more here: https://www.facebook.com/uvzsr.sk/posts/317207063770036
WHERE CAN THE ARRIVING UKRAINIANS BE ACCOMMODATED?
- After crossing the border, the majority of the arriving continue further into Slovakia or other EU countries, many of them find shelter at their relatives or friends
- In case of a higher number of refugees, the Government has prepared accommodation facilities. Volunteers and organizations are reaching out offering accommodation, possibilities in the Slovak Republic are increasing.
- The Fire and Rescue Force have built a temporary emergency camp in the area of their local unit in Humenné, equipped with approximately 30 tents with camp beds, mats and sleeping bags, heating, and lighting. A huge canteen tent and containers with hygienic utensils. Its capacity is 500 persons.
- In case the arriving foreigners ask for asylum, they are currently placed in the detention centre of the Ministry of Interior in Humenné.
HOW CAN THE CITIZENS HELP?
- The Ministry of Interior has set up contacts, the public may address in case they are interested in helping the Ukrainians fleeing from the war.
- Email: TA.13G4@H3GZSLTHYLDQF4FD@
- ☎ Phone number: +4212/48 59 33 12
- The contacts serve for the purpose offering material assistance (clothing, hygienic utensils: including diapers for babies, groceries etc.) and accommodation.
FREE TRANSPORT FOR THE CITIZENS OF UKRAINE
- The Slovak railway company (Železničná spoločnosť Slovensko) has introduced free travel in InterCity trains for the citizens of Ukraine carrying a valid passport.
- Free suburban bus travel for the citizens of Ukraine has been introduced in some regions, particularly, Bratislava and Trnava.
WHAT ARE THE TRAVEL RECCOMENDATIONS FOR THE SLOVAK CITIZENS REGARDING UKRAINE?
- The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic recommends to the Slovak citizens to immediately depart from the territory of Ukraine and avoid travelling there.
- See their website: www.mzv.sk
IMPORTANT CONTACTS FOR THE SLOVAK CITIZENS IN UKRAINE
- ☎ Slovak Embassy in Ukraine: +380 674665618
- ☎ General Consulate of the Slovak Republic in Uzhhorod: +380 503178719
- ☎ Diplomatic service of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic: +421 2 5978 5978
- ☎ Permanent Service of the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic: +421 2 4859 3312
WHAT ARE THE TRAVEL RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE SLOVAK CITIZENS REGARDING RUSSIA?
- The third degree of travel recommendation is in place for the area of the Russian Federation close to the mutual border with Ukraine i.e., NOT TO TRAVEL
- The second degree of travel recommendation is in place for other areas of the Russian Federation- CONSIDER THE NECESSITY TO TRAVEL
- For more see:
STATE OF EMERGENCY
- As of Saturday noon, the Slovak Government has declared state of emergency. It is related to the massive influx of foreigners to the territory of the Slovak Republic caused by the armed conflict in Ukraine. The aim is to create the conditions to adopt necessary measures to prevent and mitigate consequences of the emergency situation regarding the massive influx of foreigners to our territory.
MIND THE HOAXES AND RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA
- Concerning the war in Ukraine the information warfare is still in progress via which the Russian Federation attempts to affect the perception of reality of the Slovak citizens.
- We recommend them to verify information from various sources, even two might not suffice. It is crucial to follow official Government institutions of the Slovak Republic, national media and not to rely on anonymous private subjects having authentic or verified information at their disposal.
- Follow Facebook pages of the Government institutions: